Friday, November 4, 2011

November 4

We continued our examination of World War I today by watching a short video on the nature of warfare in the Great War from the CBS News Series on WWI called "The Trenches". I also continued with my PowerPoint lecture on the Causes of World War I, which I will post on the wiki this weekend. I also started looking at the concept of total war and specific battles within World War I. Next week, we'll look at Canada's role in the First World War as well as the role of the United States and Latin American countries in the conflict. Make sure that you keep up with the material covered in class, you may be assessed on it at any time.

We continued watching "Scream Bloody Murder" today, and we will continue with this documentary on Tuesday. We also decided on projects for the Unit 2 Research Project. On Monday, please come to Room 111, then we will proceed down to the library.

Hopefully you were able to put to good use the time that you were given in class today. Here's a list of when upcoming assignments are due:
  • Cold War Events Booklet is due on Monday, November 7th
  • Southeast Asia Package is due on Monday, November 7th
  • Chapter 7 Key Terms and Questions are due on Tuesday, November 8th
  • Vietnam War Assignment is due on Wednesday, November 8th

No comments:

Post a Comment