Friday, May 7, 2010

May 7

We did a class discussion today where everyone was given two Post It notes to write out their answers to two of the following questions:

  • Should the voting age be lowered?
  • Should voting be mandatory?
  • Should everyone over the age of 18 be allowed to vote?
  • Is the first past the post system democratic?


Next, I split you into four groups to summarize some of the viewpoints in the classroom, and then we had a whole class discussion about the issues related to these questions. I think that it was a really great discussion period. I would like to extend the classroom discussion to here on the blog. Here is your homework assignment: I would like you to post your answer to any one (or two or three) of the discussion questions that we did in class. I'd like you to also include the initials of your first and last name after your post (for example, "K.G. in Social 30-1"). I'd also like you to comment on someone else's post. This is for double homework check marks. You must post and respond to someone else's post before Thursday of next week . Please be civil in your posting. Please remember that your American-Canadian Political Systems Comparison Charts are due on Thursday, May 13.



I finished off the "Nations, Nation-States and Internationalism" PowerPoint presentation today. I will send a copy of it to you this weekend. I also gave you your essay question sheet today. Remember, you are writing your Unit 2 Essay on Monday in Room 241. If you missed class today, you NEED this essay question sheet. Please send me an e-mail and I'll send you the essay question sheet (in your e-mail tell me if you're in my Period 3 or Period 4 class). Here's the study guide for the Unit 2 Final Exam (which is on Wednesday, May 12th).

No comments:

Post a Comment