Friday, April 23, 2010

April 23


We finished watching "Good Night, and Good Luck" today in class. This film explores a lot of issues that are relevant to today. I found this short video on YouTube that spliced together Edward R. Murrow's speech that appears at the beginning of the film and continues at the end of the film. I find that this speech has relevance even today when you talk about the level of discourse in the media. Please remember that you have your Chapter 7 Test (Cold War period) on Monday, April 26th and your Unit 2 Final Exam on Thursday, April 29th. Please see both study guides here.




I delivered a presentation on "Contemporary Examples of Genocide" today. I will send this PowerPoint to you this weekend by e-mail. I also gave you an article written by Samantha Power that you must read this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment