Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February 3


I did a homework check on your friendly letters at the beginning of class. I want to assure you that these letters are not for marks at all, I simply want to get a writing sample from you and possible get to know you better. I went through a PowerPoint presentation today called "Introducing Government". I have sent this presentation to you, so please check your e-mail accounts (for Hotmail users, please check your junk mail folders) and print off this presentation. Also, please respond to my e-mail message so I know that the e-mail distribution list is working. I gave you some time in class to work on your Chapter 1 Key Terms and Questions (which are due on Friday). Please make sure that you read Chapter 1 in the textbook as well.


For most of today's class we went through an activity in which we looked at different definitions of globalization and classified those definitions as having a positive, negative or neutral view of the globalization process. We also looked at various images associated with globalization and what their connection was to globalization. Here's a link to Kiva, so you can have a look at what micro loans are so you'll have an idea of how your money can have a dramatic impact on someone's life in a less developed country. Global bingo tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment